Pages


Sunday, January 10, 2010

037 Kito Aya, 1 litre of tears. I cried too.

Kito Aya (July 1962 - May 23, 1988) was a bright cheerful girl. She wrote a diary about her life before she went to eternal sleep at the age of 26 years old. She was diagnosed to have spinocerebellar degeneration disease when she was 15. Since then she wrote a diary, 1 Litre of Tears, about her thoughts about life and the progression of her disease and her strength to live on until she was dead. The disease which have no cure at that time and until now causes a person to lose the ability to walk and talk, generally the person affected will not be able to control over their own body.

She was strong in accepting the reality of her disease. Her diary touches people all over the world and was sold to millions of copies. It was also made into a drama which I cried tonnes of tears when I saw it. FYI, I rarely cried 'wholeheartedly' when watching dramas or movies. But this is different. Her thoughts moved me. Her strength motivate me. I want to become just like that person and live on. Why sometimes we think that our lives was so miserable? We are blessed. We have the life. Aya did have life too but she cannot have the life the way she wanted. Thinking of that, I feel so blessed.





Kito Aya when she was 18. She started to move around on wheelchair at this time.


When she was 23.



Before she had the disease


Her diary, 1 Litre of Tears.

p/s: esok suda start belajar... Good luck to me!
^^"
Assalamualaikum~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...